At Sustainable Energy First we are driven to inspire and empower our people to make an environmental and economic difference for themselves, our clients, and the planet.
As a leading energy and utility management consultancy, Sustainable Energy First delivers its core services which include procurement, revenue recovery, compliance support and net zero consultancy alongside its pledge to place economic and environmental sustainability at the heart of its purpose.
Previously named BiU, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company.
This position is central to our work in helping our clients transition to net zero and will be focused on the development, coordination and delivery of strategic energy and carbon reduction programmes.
The successful candidate will be a Lead ESOS Assessor and is ideal for a person who understands the opportunities and challenges of climate change who can assist the Head of Energy and Carbon to deliver energy compliance and carbon reduction strategy across multi sector businesses.
The role will require an up to date understanding of energy and carbon policy developments and services including:
- Energy and carbon compliance delivery
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions assessments and carbon footprints
- Assessing Setting GHG emissions scenarios and setting reduction targets
- Identifying energy, carbon, waste and water reduction opportunities and climate change mitigation measures
- Development of decarbonisation programmes
- Project management, implementation and progress tracking of programmes
- Assistance with internal and external engagement to support programme objectives
- Delivery of behavioral change
- Delivery of energy and carbon reduction programmes working as part of a multidisciplinary team covering GHG emissions assessments, carbon footprints, setting emissions targets and reduction scenarios and carrying out opportunities assessments.
- Project manage implementation of decarbonisation programmes towards net zero ambitions.
- Delivery of carbon compliance services including ESOS, SECR and other schemes relevant to business needs.
- Collection, analysis, and interpretation of datasets/establishing baseline performance and monitoring and targeting protocols, compiling emissions monitoring reports.
- Energy auditing, feasibility assessment, technical and business case modelling.
- Planning and coordination of energy and carbon management projects.
- Implementation of energy and environmental management systems (ISO50001/ISO14001).
- Delivery of client technical reports and presentations to support technical and commercial projects.
- Providing quality assurance checking of other team members work to be submitted to clients.
- Supporting and mentoring other team members, helping with their training and development.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong working relationships with client
Our ideal candidate
Bachelor or masters qualification in a relevant field for example Environmental Science or Engineering, Geography, Sustainability, Climate Change or equivalent experience.
- ESOS Lead Assessor.
- Specialist in development and delivery of carbon management programmes.
- Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing energy & carbon compliance
- Experience of carrying out GHG assessments and development of emissions reduction and planning including GHG Protocol, ISO 14001/50001/14064 and Science Based Targets initiative.
- Energy and carbon compliance delivery.
- Experience in generating strong relationships with clients, offering advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focused and professional manner.
The candidate will be experienced in planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing a variety of work streams and projects. With strong communication skills, both verbal and written, you will be adept at managing relationships, liaising with teams and presenting clear and concise information and reports.
The role will also require the successful candidate to be able to provide high quality commercially focused consultancy services within budget and deadline. They will lead and support project activities and support their development as well as contribute to work winning and able to demonstrate strong IT skills and the ability to use relevant specialist software when required.
Looking after our team
In return for your talent, we will provide you with a great team environment, and responsibilities which are challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing.
We offer a flexible working scheme, company pension, subsidised gym membership, physiotherapy treatment, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and if you’re office based, breakfast on Mondays and Fridays.
We are certified Investors in People Silver business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to Work For, 2020 and 2021.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org