Want to make a difference with your career? We are looking for a graduate in analytics to become an expert on the energy and renewables markets and join our sustainability cause to make a positive impact on climate change. The role is central to helping our customers achieve their ESG objectives and ensuring they purchase green renewable energy that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
At Sustainable Energy First we are driven to inspire and empower our people to make an environmental and economic difference for themselves, our clients, and the planet.
As a leading energy and utility management consultancy, Sustainable Energy First delivers its core services which include procurement, revenue recovery, compliance support and net zero consultancy alongside its pledge to place economic and environmental sustainability at the heart of its purpose.
Previously named BiU, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company.
We are looking for a confident and ambitious graduate to join our team as a junior Risk & Renewables Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to learn all aspects of energy trading, be monitoring real time energy markets and make trading recommendations based on fundamental and technical analysis. It’s a fantastic opportunity to learn about the energy markets in detail, including how customers can produce and access their own renewable energy, and be able to confidently explain to clients what drivers are influencing wholesale energy prices.
For this role you’ll need to be analytical and highly numerate, have strong quantitative skills, be able to develop your own thoughtful opinions and have an exceptional ability to connect with people and build relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
Full training will be provided, however we’d expect you to have a genuine interest in the financial markets and or be familiar with trading on some level on a personal basis.
This role will be based 2 days in the office and 3 from home, so you’ll need to be able to commute to our office in FY8 within a reasonable distance.
- Management of energy procurement contracts
- Supporting power purchase agreements and other forms of accessing renewable energy
- Helping customers explore self-generation opportunities
- Agreeing and aligning purchasing strategies with the customer and their wider renewable energy and ESG objectives
- Exposure monitoring and conducting trades including carbon & other green certificates
- Providing advice to clients based on their bespoke energy purchasing strategy
- Create and deliver energy market intelligence
- Report writing and managing meetings with customers and colleagues
- Conduct flex tenders, and engage with energy suppliers
Our ideal candidate
- Highly analytical, with strong numerical ability and attention to detail to be able to conduct analysis on large data sets
- A degree in finance, economics, maths or similar
- A confident communicator, natural relationship builder
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Looking after our team
In return for your talent, Sustainable Energy First will provide you with a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 121 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer flexible working, health care cash plan, company pension, subsidised gym membership, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice electric vehicles and breakfast on Fridays if you're in the offices.
We are a certified Investors in People Silver business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to Work For, 2020 and 2021.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org