At Sustainable Energy First we are driven to inspire and empower our people to make an environmental and economic difference for themselves, our clients, and the planet.
As a leading energy and utility management consultancy, Sustainable Energy First delivers its core services which include procurement, revenue recovery, compliance support and net zero consultancy alongside its pledge to place economic and environmental sustainability at the heart of its purpose. Previously named BiU, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company.
A Site Works Project Manager is responsible for the co-ordination of all aspects of the utility process for connection and metering projects. To project manage and arrange the tasks associated to connection and metering after receiving a site work request. Working closely with the Energy Industry Party's, Developers and Contractors involved in the site development.
- Understand the client’s requirements and Sustainable Energy First's contractual obligation to the client.
- Provide the complete project management service with regards to the clients request and task involving connections or metering including but not limited to:
- Liaison with Energy Industry Third Party contacts such as; Suppliers, Meter Operators, Distribution Network Operator, Gas Networks, Gas Meter Asset Managers and Water Authorities.
- Submitting applications and liaising with the Energy Industry Third Party contacts, with the aim to completing the site works task within the requested target date.
- Maintaining contact with the customer and their development contacts eg; electricians, gas engineers, developers and construction workers to keep them updated of progress and to request any works they may need to deliver.
- Hold and demonstrate strong relationships with the industry parties such as the Distribution Networks, Suppliers and Meter Operators.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all aspects of the utility process for connection and metering projects.
- Ensure that the works are completed on time and within any agreed target date.
Our ideal candidate
Good product knowledge and excellent communication and organisational skills. Display consistent professional behaviour that increases and fosters self-esteem, respect, trust, and motivation.
Looking after our team
In return for your talent, Sustainable Energy First will provide you with a great team environment, award winning people culture and a work day that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 121 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer flexible working, health care cash plan, company pension, subsidised gym membership or equipment, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice electric vehicles and all expenses paid trips away for 5,10,15 and 20 year services.
We are a certified Investors in People Gold business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to work For, 2020 and 2021.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org