At Sustainable Energy First we are driven to inspire and empower our people to make an environmental and economic difference for themselves, our clients, and the planet.
As a leading energy and utility management consultancy, Sustainable Energy First delivers its core services which include procurement, revenue recovery, compliance support and net zero consultancy alongside its pledge to place economic and environmental sustainability at the heart of its purpose.
We are looking for a motivated and driven Strategic Account Manager to join our growing company and be a key driver in Sustainable Energy First reaching his goals. This role can be a remote WFH or hybrid, or fully office based, depending on where you are based and how you prefer to work.
Previously named BiU, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company.
- Responsibility for ensuring Sustainable Energy First delivers an outstanding customer experience overall.
- Main point of contact for an assigned client list, acquiring a thorough understanding of the clients’ needs and requirements.
- Proposing commercially beneficial solutions that meet the clients’ business objectives and changing utility and energy demands through contract renewals, up and cross selling.
- Ensuring the correct Sustainable Energy First products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner and with the first-class service Sustainable Energy First is proud of.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers engaging through all possible forms of contact, from meetings to weekly calls.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by clients by ensuring the correct teams manage it through to resolution.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Drive product development and innovation
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be partnering our clients, overseeing the strategic client relationship and taking ownership of the client experience. An expert at building, developing and retaining long term key client relationships, you’ll be expected to communicate & demonstrate Sustainable Energy First’s value as a consultancy whilst having the gravitas to build trust professionally and credibly at the highest level, achieving a mutually beneficial outcome for both parties.
In-depth, extensive knowledge of the energy industry is vital to the role, combined with being a great listener, in order to be able to identify our clients’ immediate and future environmental and economic needs within the ever-changing world of commercial energy and carbon reduction responsibilities.
A full, driving licence is required and national travel is part of the role. Proven strategic account management success within the energy industry, preferably gained within a consultancy is essential.
Looking after our team
In return for your talent, Sustainable Energy First will provide you with a great team environment and a work day that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 121 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer flexible working, health care cash plan, company pension, subsidised gym membership, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice electric vehicles and breakfast on Fridays if you're in the offices.
We are a certified Investors in People Silver business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to Work For, 2020 and 2021.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org