At Sustainable Energy First we are driven to inspire and empower our people to make an environmental and economic difference for themselves, our clients, and the planet.
As a leading energy and utility management consultancy, Sustainable Energy First delivers its core services which include procurement, revenue recovery, compliance support and net zero consultancy alongside its pledge to place economic and environmental sustainability at the heart of its purpose. Previously named BiU, this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company.
- Work with the client to fully understand their energy portfolio; sites, supplies, expected energy consumptions, VAT/CCL discounts, and exemptions
- Utilise data analysis techniques to highlight opportunities to in line with net zero and other sustainability targets.
- Review energy consumption profiles and statistical models to assist with Energy Management programmes.
- Analysis of data completeness on both invoice and HHD
- Bill validations
- Client reporting
- Attendance at client review meetings covering topics including but not limited to;
- Portfolio changes, outstanding COTs, site status queries
- Meter read requests
- Query Report; including next actions with the client, top ten values, top ten oldest queries
- UEU report; Number of invoices & value validated, savings, misc. batches, pending registrations and notices
- Cost and consumption reports; gaps in data, exceptions on consumptions, discussing any potential reasons behind consumption variances such as additional equipment being installed, or longer/shorter opening hours.
- Industry information: highlight any up-and-coming industry changes and how it might impact the client
Our ideal candidate
- Excellent energy analysis experience within a similar role
- Passionate about sustainability.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and appreciate the bigger picture when working with clients.
- Highly professional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and articulate analysis findings and solutions knowledgeably and credibly.
- Inquisitive mindset, with a strong desire to understand the energy industry and the impact this has on Sustainable Energy First clients.
- A team player who always acts with integrity and respect, working with other internal teams to ensure key activity is completed to allow an effective and valuable analysis to be carried out.
- Conscientious approach to maintaining strong working relationships with clients, suppliers, and all Sustainable Energy First internal teams.
Looking after our team
In return for your talent, Sustainable Energy First will provide you with a great team environment, award winning people culture and a work day that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 121 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer flexible working, health care cash plan, company pension, subsidised gym membership or equipment, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice electric vehicles and all expenses paid trips away for 5,10,15 and 20 year services.
We are a certified Investors in People Gold business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to work For, 2020 and 2021.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for the position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org